The following associations, agencies and/or governmental bodies accredit, approve or license Vernon College and programs offered at VC.
- The Law Enforcement Academy is accredited by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education. Students should contact the academy coordinator to request or review a copy of the program accreditation license.
- The Pharmacy Tech program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacist and certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
Approval information can be found at http://www.ashp.org under accreditation for pharmacy technician programs.
- The Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Approval information can be found at http://www.caahep.org.
- The Health Information Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education in cooperation with the American Health Information Management Association. Approval information can be found at
http://www.cahiim.org and http://www.ahima.org.
- The Cosmetology program is licensed by the Texas Department of License and Regulations. Licensing information can be found at
- The Associate Degree Nursing program is accredited by the Texas Board of Nursing. Accreditation information can be found at http://www.bon.state.tx.us. In addition, a letter of affirmation or accreditation is also available and on file in the Director of Nursing’s office.
- The Phlebotomy program is approved by the National Health Career Association. Approval and certification information can be found at.
- The Nurse Aid program is approved by the Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Devices. Students can verify approval with the Certified Nurse Aid director. The Department of Aging and Disability Services accredits this program. This approval can be verified at http://www.dads.state.tx.us.
- The DWI program is approved by the Department of State Health Services. Program approval is posted on the wall in the Continuing Education office at the Century City campus.
- The Dental Assisting program is approved by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. Program approval can be found at http://www.tsbde.state.tx.us.
- The Texas Board of Social Workers accredits VC offering CEU credits to social workers. The approval license number is found in the office of the Director of Continuing Education.
- The Human Resource program is approved by the Society of Human Resource Management. Program approval can be found at http://www.shrm.org