1. Do I have to be admitted to Vernon College before I apply for scholarships?
No, you do not have to be admitted to apply. However, you will have to be admitted to the College before you can receive any awarded scholarships.
2. I use Google Chrome as my Internet Browser, will I have difficulties with the application?
Google Chrome is not an Internet Browser that works well with the STARS application and you could have some difficulty. The best browsers to use are: Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
3. The Personal Information Page is requesting my Vernon College Student ID Number; but I do not have one. What should I do?
If you do not have a Vernon College Student ID Number use your Social Security Number with no dashes.
4. I forgot my username.
Contact: STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu to request your username.
5. I forgot my password.
Contact: STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu. A Temporary Password will be sent to the email address listed on your application. Once you have logged into STARS you will be prompted to change it.
6. I have changed my email address.
If the email address listed in STARS is no longer valid, you must log into STARS and change it. All communications regarding Vernon College Scholarships will be sent to you using the email address that you put on the application.
7. I do not understand the “Intended Degree” initials in the Academic Information drop down list.
AA – Associates of Arts
AS – Associate of Science
AAS – Associate of Applied Science, such as an RN
AAT – Associate of Arts in Teaching
Certificate – Certificate of Completion
8. How will I know if I have been offered a scholarship?
The Vernon College Scholarship Committee begins meeting in
late March to determine eligible
scholarships. Graduating High School Seniors and new students will be sent scholarship offers from mid-April to mid-May. Returning
Vernon College students will
be sent scholarship offers from late May through June.
9. I am a graduating high school senior and my school traditionally lists all of the scholarships at Awards/Honors Night or graduation.
Your school or counselor can contact the Vernon College Scholarship Office (940-552-6921, ext. 2293 or STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu to request that scholarship offers for their graduating high school seniors be sent to them for presentation during the ceremonies. It is best to contact the office as early as possible.
10. Is there a deadline to accept a Vernon College Scholarship offer?
Yes. The deadline will be listed in our Scholarship Offer Letter and on your Scholarship Contract. Failure to turn in your completed contract and required thank you letters by the stated deadline will cancel the offer.
11. If I receive a scholarship when will the money be applied to my account?
The scholarships that you are applying for cover Fall 2013 and Spring 2014. The award is divided in half: ½ for Fall 2013 and ½ for Spring 2014. The funds will be applied to your account prior to the final payment deadline for Fall 2013.
12. Can I use my Vernon College Scholarship for summer classes?
No, these scholarships are awarded for the fall and spring semesters only.
13. I still need some help/or have a question not answered here. What do I do?
Send an email to STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu . In the Subject write Help and in the body of the email give a brief description of your question or the help you need. You will be contacted by a member of the Vernon College Scholarship Team to assist you.
2014-2015 Scholarship Deadline is March 1, 2014.