VC Innovation Center
The VC Innovation Center (VCIC) provides technology learning and support, where all faculty and staff members can comfortably experiment with instructional technology. VCICs are located at each of the Vernon College locations.
The VCIC offers a variety of training options: individualized consultations, small group training sessions, as well as departmental training sessions. The sessions are delivered face-to-face or online.
Our department is charged with assisting faculty in identifying and integrating technology tools for excellence in a learning-centered instructional environment.
The goal of the VCIC is to provide ongoing support and instruction for existing and emerging technologies appropriate to the instructional environment.
- Video Cameras
- Digital Cameras
- Portable Projector Screen
- Student Response Systems "clickers"
- Professional Development Library
- Instructor support for Blackboard Learn 9.1
- Assistance with development of video tutorials and training materials
- Instructor support for SoftChalk, Camtasia, WIMBA, Qwizdom, and other instructional software available at Vernon College
- Assistance with integrating technology into classroom practices
- Professional Development Opportunities
Roxanne Hill, RHIA
Instructional Design and Technology Coordinator
Vernon Campus: Wright Library Room 209 - 940.552.6291 ext. 2316
Century City Center: Room 708 - 940.696.8752 ext. 3308