Vernon College On-Line Scholarship Application
Frequently Asked Questions
2015-2016 Scholarship Deadline is March 1, 2015
1. Do I have to be admitted to Vernon College before I apply for scholarships?
No, you do not have to be admitted to apply. However, you will have to be admitted to the College before you can receive any awarded scholarships.
2. I use Goggle Chrome as my Internet Browser, will I have difficulties with the application?
Goggle Chrome is not an Internet Browser that works well with the STARS application and you could have some difficulty. The best browsers to use are: Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
3. The Personal Information Page is requesting my Vernon College Student ID Number; but I do not have one. What should I do?
If you do not have a Vernon College Student ID Number STARS will generate a STARS application ID number for you -- X87-587-580. Important: this is not a Vernon College Student ID number.
4. I forgot my username.
Contact: STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu to request your username.
5. I forgot my password.
Contact: STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu. A Temporary Password will be sent to the email address listed on your application. Once you have logged into STARS you will be prompted to change it.
6. I have changed my email address.
All correspondence, including scholarship offers are sent to the email address listed on the scholarship application. If you change your email address, until March 1 you must log into your STARS Application to change it. After March 1, you must notify the Vernon College Scholarship Office at STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu as soon as possible. If the email address is invalid, you will be unable to receive any information about your scholarship application.
7. I do not understand the “Intended Degree” initials in the Academic Information drop down list.
AA – Associates of Arts
AS – Associate of Science
AAS – Associate of Applied Science, such as an RN
AAT – Associate of Arts in Teaching
Certificate – Certificate of Completion
8. How will I know if I have been offered a scholarship?
The Vernon College Scholarship Committee begins meeting in late March to determine eligible scholarships. Graduating High School Seniors and new students will be sent scholarship offers between mid-April and early May. Returning Vernon College students will be sent scholarship offers from late May through June. All correspondence, including scholarship offers are sent to the email address listed on the scholarship application. If you change your email address, you must notify the Vernon College Scholarship Office at STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu as soon as possible.
9. I have been offered a scholarship, now what do I do?
Congratulations. To accept this offer you must read the letter of offer thoroughly and if you choose to accept it, complete the scholarship contract included with your letter and write and send the required thank you note(s) to the donor(s) to the Vernon College Scholarship Office by the stated deadline date. All instructions will be included in your Scholarship Offer Letter. Your scholarship will not be awarded if you do not turn in your paperwork by the stated deadline.
10. I am a graduating high school senior and my school traditionally lists all of the scholarships at Awards/Honors Night or graduation.
Your school or counselor can contact the Vernon College Scholarship Office (940-552-6921, ext. 2293 or STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu) to request the scholarship offers for their graduating high school seniors be sent to them for presentation during the ceremonies. It is best to contact the office as early as possible.
11. Is there a deadline to accept a Vernon College Scholarship offer?
Yes. The deadline will be listed in our Scholarship Offer Letter and on your Scholarship Contract. Failure to turn in your completed contract and required thank you letters by the stated deadline will cancel the offer.
12. If I receive a scholarship when will the money be applied to my account?
The scholarships that you are applying for cover Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. The award is divided in half: ½ for Fall 2015 and ½ for Spring 2016. The funds will be applied to your account prior to the final payment deadline for Fall 2015.
13. Can I use my Vernon College Scholarship for summer classes?
No, these scholarships are awarded for the fall and spring semesters only.
14. My email address that I listed on the STARS Application has changed, what do I need to do?
All correspondence, including scholarship offers are sent to the email address listed on the scholarship application. If you change your email address, you must notify the Vernon College Scholarship Office at STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu as soon as possible.
15. I still need some help/or have a question not answered here. What do I do?
The best way is to send an email to STARSAdmin@vernoncollege.edu. In the Subject Line write Help and in the body of the email give a brief description of your question or the help you need. You will be contacted by a member of the Vernon College Scholarship Team to assist you.
2015-2016 Scholarship Deadline is March 1, 2015