New Student Orientation is MANDATORY for all first-time Vernon College students.
You will learn:
- how to read the class schedule
- how to read the catalog
- terminology used on college campuses
- how to register
- your TSI status (Texas Success Initiative status)
- if you need an advisor or counselor
- when to register
- about certificate & degree programs
The session typically lasts about an hour. Counselors will stay afterward and answer questions.
Children are not allowed in the NSO sessions – please make alternative childcare arrangements.
Sessions start promptly. Students arriving after the session starts will be asked to reschedule. Seating is limited so we ask that you register ahead of time by calling one of our counseling offices listed below.
Vernon Campus – 552-6291 ext 2278
Century City (Wichita Falls) – 696-8752 ext 3206
Sheppard Learning Center – 855-2203 ext 4201