The library, organized and managed for the user, seeks to provide the resources and services necessary to support the purpose of the college. The program exists to support, facilitate, and enhance learning and is an integral part of the instructional program. Therefore, the mission of the library is as follows:
- To provide the primary and secondary materials needed to support all aspects of the educational enterprise, including basic academic programs, technical and vocational programs, continuing education programs, and programs of compensatory education, workforce development and adult literacy.
- To provide an organized and readily accessible collection of materials and diversified forms of information and supportive equipment needed to meet the instructional and individual requirements of students and faculty.
- To provide library services that meet the requirements of all students, faculty and staff so that:
- Every campus is served.
- All disadvantaged student needs are met.
- To be responsive to the needs of the community it serves by providing a resource for the cultural, recreational, and intellectual development of that community.