In applying for financial aid, you accept certain rights and responsibilities. Failure to comply with your responsibilities may result in the cancellation or reduction of your financial aid.
You have the right to know:
- What financial aid programs are available
- What the deadlines are for submitting applications
- The cost of attending and VC’s refund policies
- How financial need is determined
- What criteria is used to select financial aid recipients
- What criteria is used to determine the amount of a student’s award
- The financial aid disbursement procedures
- What portion of the financial aid received must be repaid and what portion is grant aid
- The satisfactory academic progress requirements
It is your responsibility to:
- Meet satisfactory academic progress requirements
- Pay special attention to and accurately complete your application for financial aid. Errors can result in delays in your receipt of financial aid. Intentional misreporting of information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law and is considered a criminal offense.
- Complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time
- Use financial aid funds solely for educational purposes
- Promptly return all additional documentation requested by the Financial Aid Office
- Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms that you are asked to sign
- Repay all loans according to the terms agreed upon at the time the loan was accepted and the promissory note signed
- Declare a degree or certificate offered by VC and only enroll in classes that are part of that degree or certificate. Courses that do not count toward a student’s degree plan or certificate, with the exception of remedial courses, cannot be included to determine the student’s enrollment status.
- Perform the work that is agreed upon in accepting a College Work-Study award.
- Know and comply with the deadlines for application or reapplication for financial aid