Direct Loans must be accepted, declined or reduced by you, the student. You may accept the full loan award (s) by selecting accept or you may accept a partial amount by using the arrow keys under the amount to adjust to the desired amount and then select accept. To accept, reduce or decline your loans, please follow the instructions provided below.
1. Go to www.vernoncollege.edu
2. Click on Inside VC
3. Click ON MyVC
4. Enter your student ID
5. Enter your VC Pin (as assigned by the admissions office)
6. Click on Campus Connect
7. Click the button to acknowledge the notification message
8. Click Aid Online which is located on the left side of the page
9. Select the appropriate year and click to accept/decline your financial aid awards
10. View your awards
11. Follow the instructions provided to accept, reduce or decline your loans. Once complete, click on the "Go" button
12. After accepting, reducing or declining your loans, the Financial Aid and Scholarship Recap page will be displayed
13. If you accepted or reduced your loans, after viewing the recap page, you must complete entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) process at www.studentloans.gov. You will not receive your loans until this process is completed!!
If you would like a request a different loan period other than the one on your award notification, (for example: Fall, Spring and Summer), or if you would like to have your classification (from freshman to sophomore status) reevaluated, DO NOT accept your loans. Read VC Direct Loan Information and complete a Direct Loan Change Request and submit it to the financial aid office.
1. To view this Web site effectively, you will need one of the following supported browsers from either Microsoft, Mozilla, or Apple. Supported browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer (versions 6 and higher), Mozilla Firefox (versions 2 and 3.6.3), Apple Safari (version 4). If you are using a browser that is not supported, your view and interaction with this site may be significantly impaired (the sign in box will not be visible and writing will overlap the text boxes). Note: To identify the browser currently running on your computer, user the "HELP" menu item on your browser and select "About [your browser name here]".
2. The MPN application must be completed in 30 minutes or less. Be aware if it takes longer than 30 minutes, it DID NOT go through. You will need to complete the entire electronic MPN process in a single session (less than 30 minutes). Be sure you allow enough time to complete.
3. There is no save option. If you exit the web site before completing entrance loan counseling or submitting your signed MPN and return later, you will have to start over from the beginning of the process.
4. If you fail entrance counseling 3 times, you must wait 48 hours and try again.
5. You must have a FSA ID to access all services offered by this Web site. The FSA ID serves as your identifier to let you access your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. The FSA ID also allows you to sign your student aid application online and allows you to correct your application data online. If you do not have a FSA ID, please visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to create a new FSA ID.